Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cheesy Garlic "Bubble Bread"











Okay, once again...I grew up calling what most people know as Monkey Bread, Bubble Bread. Ever since I made the yummy, gooey, pecany, sweet version a few months ago, I've been wanting to try a different version with the leftover frozen rolls. So, I did.

I wish I could give an actual recipe but I was just kind of played it by ear. I'll do my best to come up with a recipe.

Ingredients

18 (or so) frozen dinner rolls cut in half if you can. (small) in bags in frozen foods.
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Colby Jack/Cheddar Cheese mix
Garlic Powder
½ cup (or so) Butter

Directions
1. Generously butter (or spray well) a Bundt pan.
2. Sprinkle desired amount of all three cheese in bottom of pan.
3. Sprinkle desired amount of garlic powder on top of cheeses.
4. Place frozen (halved) dinner rolls on top of cheesey garlic layer.
5. Melt butter and pour over rolls.
6. Add another layer of all three cheeses and garlic powder on top.
7. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and allow to stand overnight (or at least 8 hours)
8. Preheat oven to 350°F
9. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
Place a serving plate on top of bundt pan and flip over. Serve hot.

*I actually didn't melt the butter and pour it on top. I put little pads of butter all over the top. As a result the butter didn't sink down to the bottom (actually the top) of the bundt pan. I think it would have come out a little better had I melted it.
If you try this, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment