Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Toilet Seat Covers

Toilet Seat Covers. To me, they've always been a blessing and a confusion all at the same time. I've never used a Port-A-Potty and I don't ever plan to! I really do hate having to use a public bathroom. Of course, when nature calls sometimes you can't ignore her. This calling usually ends up with me lining the seat with toilet paper just in case I touch it while I assume the squat but don't sit position. For the lucky times there happen to be toilet seat covers present, I get all excited!

After all these years, this is how I've been using a toilet seat cover. I used to leave the flap part out. Don't know why. I was never taught the correct way to use them so that's how I did it.

Well thank goodness for one of the stalls at work. It actually had the instructions printed on the cover of the cover container. (did that make sense?) Anyway, thank you Health Gards for teaching me the correct way to use a toilet seat cover! The flap goes IN the water. I guess that makes sense. It acts as an anchor to keep the seat from moving. Then when you flush, the water pulls the cover in so you don't have to touch anything. Brilliant! You get a thumbs up from me!
Yay for instructions and for my learning something new!!

1 comment:

  1. Apparently there is still much debate about this, but I am not sure why. I have always placed the flap in the water for the reasons you describe above.

    Additionally, when it was patented back in 1923, the inventor stated the flap goes in the water: https://www.google.com/patents/US1440773?dq=dykstra+toilet+seat&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAGoVChMIpKW4v_SexwIVAlw-Ch1tNgVb

    ReplyDelete